Thursday, January 14, 2010

'Was it a vision, or a waking dream?' -- Bright Star ♥

So I saw Jane Campion's Bright Star last night, and felt compelled to share with you all, the magic of this love story and Keats's poetry. The film features the lovely Abbie Cornish (of Somersault and Candy fame, two other beautiful films ♥) who is perfect as Fanny. While the beautiful man of the film, Ben Whishaw ( Perfume+ Brideshead Revisited) plays the Romantic great, John Keats so so well. Plus, the cinematography is gooooorgeous. Definitely a favourite film of mine!

" Bright star, would I were stedfast as thou art--"



"And there she gaz'd and sighed deep, And there I shut her wild sad eyes-- So kiss'd to sleep."


"I almost wish we were butterflies, and lived but three summer days. Three
such days with you I could fill with more delight than fifty common years could
ever contain." ♥



My favourie scene. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment